Summary Care Record: an Enhanced Summary Care Record is now available with your consent
You will have a Summary Care Record (SCR), unless you have previously chosen not to have one. It includes important information about your health:
- Medicines you are taking
- Allergies you suffer from
- Any bad reactions to medicines
You may need to be treated by health and care professionals that do not know your medical history (eg A&E, Urgent Care Centre). Essential details about your healthcare can be difficult to remember, particularly when you are unwell or have complex care needs. Having an SCR means that when you need healthcare you can be helped to recall vital information.
SCRs can help the staff involved in your care make better and safer decisions about how best to treat you.
You can choose to have additional information included in your SCR, which can enhance the care you receive. This information includes:
- Your illnesses and health problems
- Operations and vaccinations you have had in the past
- How you would like to be treated – such as where you would prefer to receive care
- What support you might need
- Who should be contacted for more information about you
REMEMBER – a summary care record is for the benefit of your care!
What to do next if you want an Enhanced Summary Care Record
If you would like this information adding to your SCR, then please inform a member of the practice team.